Sunday, December 4, 2016

Ride to Mayang Falls in Trece Martires, Cavite

1 comment
Shot by Romeo Llante
On December 4, 2016, I rode to Mayang Falls in Trece Martires, Cavite with Bhike Quest. The group is a bikers bond based in the south, where a religious adventure ride is set every weekend.

I especially looked forward to the ride because of the inviting thought of being able to cliff jump again! I have a known knack for cliff jumping since my first time when I rode Oyasumi to Minalungao National Park in General Tinio, Nueva Ecija on June 4, 2016. It's just such an invigorating feeling to be welcomed by a sharp touch of water when you go down. It's quite frightening at first but once you do it, doing it again is inevitable. It takes me a couple of minutes of pep talk before I can do the deed; people recording me have more shots of me talking to myself than actually jumping, but right after the first jump, I go on numerous ones with ease that all previous nerves that kicked in starts to seem ridiculous. Why was I scared in the first place? This shit is so much fun! Going down and then up really burns up calories, too. I always feel hungrier than usual after 2-3 jumps. That's why for a big eater like me, I never mind packing heavy with food. Better mabigat than gutom. I spent 60PHP on pancit, rice, and adobo to bring with me as my lunch, and 10PHP on ice candy on the way home. There was no fee or guide required at the destination itself.

Mayang Falls is the highest falls I've cliff jumped at, next to Aliw Falls in Cavinti, Rizal.

The way there was a breeze. For the route/record, check out my activity on Strava here.


Note: This video is an amateur compilation I made from the shots on my SJ Cam, which I am not very savvy with 😁

RIDE SUMMARY
DISTANCE: 80km respectively (without sidetrips); 88km on record
ROUTE: Bacoor-Dasmariñas-Trece Martires-Indang-General Trias-Bacoor
TERRAIN: 99% road, 1% trail; some steady uphill but mostly flats
TIME: half-day ride; saddle time is 4 hours and 30 minutes
DAMAGE: 70PHP
DIFFICULTY: 2/10

1 comment :